Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Caramels

I'm exhausted. The the lawn maintenance again. Early to bed for me!

This is what I made last night;
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The recipe is up on 101 cookbooks.
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/espresso-caramels-recipe.html

Stinky loves them, but he agrees, they need to be firmer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is what I made last night with the digital thermometer. What I learned this time around? Well don't need oil when you use parchment paper, and it doesn't necessarily need to be refrigerated. Though, I still think it's the safest place with the damned ants.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't count. I just kept cutting the candy, and papers to wrap. Next time, half the recipe, to keep my sanity. Took me an hour cutting and wrapping and I was pooped after the lawn maintenance.

No comments: