Thursday, October 18, 2007

Egg braid bread

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of my dear California friends sent me this recipe. It's pretty simple, not sweet, but a nice bread. Obviously I need to work on my shaping. I think the top braid was too small because I didn't get the right ratio when I was dividing the dough. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I was told her youngest son was quite happy with the bread and used it for sandwiches. Very good idea. I think french toast is in order for tomorrow's breakfast, with maple syrup, butter and cinnamon sugar!

This is what it looked like after the second rise and egg wash was applied. The first photo was right out of the oven.

The cut;Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And my love of fresh bread and sweet cream butter!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The next bread recipe will be her Hawaiian bread recipe. I need to copy my parker house roll recipe and forward that on to her.

Edited to tell everyone, the bread is gone. Stinky ate 2/3 of the loaf. Goof barely got any. Had to make more for breakfast.

No comments: