Friday, January 30, 2009

Argh, head cold!

I came down with a head cold, or perhaps mild case of the flu on Tuesday. I just felt really crappy, and Goof noticed that I had a fever that night. So Wednesday I curled up and slept most of the day, same with yesterday. I'm feeling human today.
I'm still freezing, and we might get some flurries on Tuesday. Snow! While it's all lovely when you have very little, it's pretty bad up North. Glad I'm not there. I'm not happy with cold weather for long periods of time.

Goof made a request for dinner tonight. Meatloaf it will be. Glad to know that he likes my meatloaf. It's nice to know that the family likes certain things, and willing to eat it often enough. It's not chicken, but ground beef. It's hard enough trying to figure out what to make for the family without putting them off with constant repeats. Especially as most of the populace is also on a budget. Food costs are still high, unemployment is scary enough as it is.

Interesting note. It seems Fred and Barney have moved out. Stinky informed me on Monday that Fred has left the school. One of his friends told Stinky that he's moved to another county. Where we aren't sure. What this means is that dramaqueen doesn't have anyone to draw his courage from. We've noticed that he's leaving Stinky alone, not harassing him on the bus, or making eye contact. This has been going on even before Fred moved away. Which is a nice relief. Goof still wants Kiosk man to lose his job. It's hard to have feelings of human decency, when your neighbor wishes bad things to happen to your child. So we don't bear grudges against their kids, but we certainly hope something bad happens to the adults. Goof had thought kiosk man lost his job as he was home all of last week, and we heard that his company laid off 8,0000 employees. I tend to think that he's got another part time job. Or his hours were cut down tremendously. Goof has been making fun of Babymama's Christmas decorations. They are still up. He doesn't believe she will come out of her house for public viewing anytime soon. The emails he sent did their job cutting down her self esteem. That maybe true, I personally don't care.

No comments: