Monday, February 9, 2009

A week of warm weather!

This week we have a break from chilly 30-40*F days. I'm looking forward to it. We may have an early spring or not. One thing I'm concerned about is the chance of severe thunderstorms. Yesterday was lovely and we decided to splurge and frill some steaks and shrimp outside. We also ate on the patio too. One thing I know for certain; use the costco folding table and not the narrow table. Three people and a big platter makes for a small eating area. It was very nice eating outside after being inside for the last 3 months. I think one of my far off plans this year is to buy some outdoor dining furniture this fall. A nice small table and some chairs. The patio isn't that big, but it's nice to eat outside. When yellow season is over, I plan to powerwash and sand down the adirondack chairs and repaint them. They were primed, but not painted with an outdoor sealing paint.
So for dinner we had porterhouse and tbone steaks that I got on sale at Publix, some monster shrimp, green beans, and I decided to try making a blooming onion. It sort of worked. I didn't flour and separate the onion enough, so the batter didn't separate the petals enough. This will take some more work to get it right. Tonight to continue on with the warm weather enjoyment, I'm making a rotisserie chicken on the grill, and pulling out the the costco table for more room on the eating area.

No comments: