Saturday, January 24, 2009

December was pretty quiet

After Thanksgiving we just wanted a quiet Christmas. We put up the tree and the door wreath, and pretty much relaxed. Stinky made out as usual. We got him some gifts he likes, and I was able to get some pretty nice sweaters, shirt and tie for Goof. He got me a pretty big gift. A set of Global knives, and an 11 slot steel block. Now I have a Sankuto, 7" chef, 5" chef, carving, parer, and peeling knives. Of course I also have a pretty cool water sharpener that Egg got me too. I'm to spend the next few months figuring out if I need any more knives. I think I might want a cleaver. Haven't decided yet. Funny note, I only have one veggie peeler. I never thought about getting another as it's usually just one person peeling. Well during the Thanksgiving prep, I realized that I do need a spare just in case there are others willing to help out. I saw a pretty cute and innovative peeler at Target, so maybe I'll pick that up someday. My cutting boards also made an impression on the fellow cooks. I picked them up at Walmart. They are white 17" boards with Microban in them, but the best part, is that the width ends of the boards have black rubberized edges. What's great about these boards is that they don't slip and slide on the counter. I forgot about that extra advantage until Egg's wife asked about a towel under the board to prevent slipping. I just told her, I never use a towel with those boards, and sure enough she was pleased to find that she didn't need it. Mom says she wants a few of these boards too. Everyone was pretty impressed with my kitchen towel supply. Well, I have 24 at all times folded and placed around the work areas. The sink has a nice little plastic box they sit in. I think I need to pick up two more, one by the knives, and the other to be placed by the stove next to the utensils.

For Christmas dinner the guys wanted a ham, even though I had picked up two really nice rib roasts. So ham it was. It was good, and I cut the ham down and froze some of it for later use. New Year's dinner was the rib roast, and I had decided to do a low heat roast. Oh man it was so good. I made it in my cast iron pan. Seared all the sides of the roast, stuck garlic slivers inside, and coated the outside with salt and black pepper. Made garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, bread, and broccoli. I have not made the fancy mac n cheese this holiday.

I'm still addicted to Mobwars. In fact I am getting up there in the ranks. Well not really, but I am doing well enough in the game, and holding my own. While playing this game and being involved with the game discussion forum, I got into a bit of trouble. There was someone who posted they were being picked on, and to make it worse, a guy was picking on this player, a woman! Oh my, that got me mad at the player. That's rather backwards. So I had responded to her post and I had the other player's character killed. Well not more than 24 hours later, the truth came out, the woman had been attacking the wife of the aggressor, and he was retaliating for his wife. Then many players who had helped the woman out were upset. I was able to get the woman's player info and I killed her character twice. I also wrote in the thread that I might want to kill her again for playing damsel in distress. She got offended with me because I wrote that. She then continued her reply of how I was an unhappy overweight white woman, who sat around eating dream pops. She was a healthy attractive woman who only ate organic, not a computer geek, and had 'fine ass husband' and son. She was going out to celebrate NYE in downtown Chicago. I think she outed herself by the words 'fine ass husband' She came across as immature, and shallow. I read the topic and responded back, that I didn't care what her opinion of me was, only that she learn how to play the game better, and politely, and when she was a stronger player she could come back and attack me if she wanted. This was not the response she wanted. She wanted mudslinging from me, and I didn't give it to her. A lot of negative weight and food insults were slung at me. I think she's got an issue with food and weight. So anyways, this woman was banned from the forum. She came back under another name and continued the harassment in forms of private messages and responses in the forum topics. Again the admin of the board removed her. So that was that. Oh then there was a mini war in the game. One group that I belong to were taking down another group. This lasted a few days, and it was a lot of fun. After a week it was over, and I remembered the woman and her insults, so for a few days, I would go and kill her character every other day or so. Well she waited until she was allowed back into the forum and she started it again. This time she was making vulgar attacks against me. Again the admin were chasing her around deleting messages and removed her again from the board. So she started to send messages to my facebook account. I copied the rude messages she sent me from the board and I reported her account on the basis of harassment. Since she's lost those avenues of harassing me, she started to punch my character whenever she was online. By the time I realized it, her character was dead. Well I finally got irritated. I camped out on her character's page, and every time she was online and her character was alive, I attacked it. This went over 100 times. I was frustrated with it all. Also there were other players who were getting the same treatment by her. So this has been the latest dramas in my day. Yea, I know, sad isn't it. It's too cold to do much outside, and this keeps me busy at home. Like housework is just so darn addictive.

No comments: