Monday, January 19, 2009

Turkey month

November was a crazy month. We had Egg, his wife, her parents and brother, plus my parents. A full house. Mom and Dad were okay, well Mom was. Dad was like a bored kid. He wanted to wander around town, or to go to Ranch 99 up north. He wanted to see Atlanta's Chinatown. Had to break the bad news, there isn't one. Poor goof had no idea what to expect. Dad clogged up the downstairs toilet, really bad. Then Egg came two days before Thanksgiving, and he brought us gifts! I got a Global Sankuto! Oh man that is a lovely knife. So we had fun with that. The in laws showed up the night before Thanksgiving, and that was fun. Very nice people. We had a huge spread. The roast turkey, steaks, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, green bean casserole, roasted mushrooms, cranberry sauce, candied yams, and several pies. We had regular pumpkin, double layer pumpkin cheesecake, smores pie, and a blueberry pie. It was one heck of a spread. We had the dining table extended, and another folding table, it went from the dining room into the living room. I had the linens, and nice china set out. It was a really good feast.
The next day, we took a walk around the lake, well Egg's inlaws and I did, we put in 5 miles, they love the cart paths, and the abundance of carts and it's use on city paths and roads. Egg, dad, and his brother in law only made it to the boat dock. They only had 3 miles in them. As it was Egg was jokingly calling for a taxi on the path. We came back and had turkey sandwiches, and I started dinner. Dad had gone a bit nutty at Costco and wanted ribs, raw and cooked. So I pulled out my cookbooks, and found a recipe I had printed years ago. It was for baked ribs, marinated in a spicy sweet sauce. We also had fried rice, which mom made, and veggies, and left over steak. I still couldn't see the back of my fridge. Heck, I managed to empty out the coolers I had on the deck. The inlaws left that night, but as a lovely surprise, Egg managed to plug up Stinky's toilet also. Of course Goof had to clean that up.

Mom and dad stayed for a week. When they left it was bitter sweet. Mom loved the quilt I made her, but dad used it while he was here. Stinky started wrestling practice. He was totally loving it. He won his first match too. I was so proud of him, yet I was scared to watch. It's hard watching your kid getting his face rubbed into the mat.

Boy was I glad it was all over. We had mom and dad sleeping in Stinky's room. Goof had repainted the office and moved his desk for an air mattress for Egg and his wife to sleep in, I had moved stuff around in the guest room, and had a big queen air mattress, and the foam mattress for the the in laws, and Stinky slept on the sofa. He didn't want to sleep with my parents. Next year, I think I'll make Stinky give up his room again, and have the inlaws take his room, heck I can make Egg and his wife sleep in that room and still have room.

I wanted to make some aprons as hostess gifts for the ladies, but I didn't get that done in time. Should have started that sooner, of course it didn't help that I am still addicted to mob wars.

No comments: