Monday, March 9, 2009

The early signs of spring

Today was a gorgeous day. Actually the weekend was fantastic too. Warm 70*F days, the early signs of spring. Also I found a dandelion in the front lawn. Stinky had a good weekend. He was able to play outside Sat, saw Watchmen with Big Red and spend the night at his house. Sunday was another great day for him. He got to spend the day hanging out with the new neighbor girl, and got me to chauffeur them around on the cart. He also didn't have to mow the lawn yesterday. I had to carefully get him to mow the front lawn today after school. That was a tricky situation. Oh no, I've got a teen who doesn't want to do chores, especially since he got the prize first. I gave him money to see the movie and spend at the store.

Now I'm curious is it cicada season? Tonight the bugs are noisy! Something is outside buzzing and shrilling loudly. That's what I don't like about spring and summer, the bugs. I already got a minor bug bite on my leg, so I had to pull out the bug spray.

Something that Goof noticed on Saturday. We decided to run errands and took the cart. As we drove through the Walmart parking lot, he passed Babymama and her brood. As I was the passenger, I didn't notice anything on the left side. Both he and Stinky saw them, and the looks they gave us. Dramaqueen had a look on his face, that to both of them, seem to interpret as part yearning and resigned. The boy has lost Fred, which has led him to stay quiet and not cause Stinky trouble. They said Babymama, looked at us and laughed. I'm sure she tried to make light of the fun we could be having on the cart, or perhaps something to the tune, of "Their cars are probably in need of repair hence the cart usage." We don't think highly of her, now do we?

Goof also saw her go out and talk to the new neighbors. I'm sure she'll be friendly for a short period, then ignore and hate them too. What is there to like about these new people? They have been married before the conception of their oldest child. They have bought a nice home, they have cars and cart. Husband makes a decent living. Wife just took a trip to visit family. Gee, they are horrible people aren't they?

Of course Goof still gets a chuckle over the snowman and Christmas wreath hanging by her door. She finally took down the Santa Claus door hanger. There are 11 more days until spring. So we are joking to see if the winter decorations go down or hang around until Easter.

No comments: